This is a recipe which Ima usually makes during the week for Aba.
She makes it with ground turkey meat (because of the cholesterol), but it can be made also with any kind of ground meat. I put the amounts in - the recipe I got has no amounts. You can put more or less of any ingredient.
- 500 gr. ground meat
- Soup Hawaige (Yemenite soup seasoning)
- 1 onion sliced.
- 2 zuchinni cut into 4
- 2 carrots cut into 4
- 2 potatoes sliced diagonally
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbs. tomato paste or ketchup
- cuman, pepper, onion soup mix, garlic
- Mix ground meat with soup hawaige.
- Form into small patties and fry a bit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft but not falling apart.