This recipe can be done just like the stuffed peppers in a pressure cooker fast and easy. if you have 2 hours to spare try the oven version of this.
|For the cabbage:|
|600-700gr||minced beef (or turkey or whatever)|
|1 big||choped onion|
|some||onion soup mix|
|For the tomato sauce:|
|about 1-1.5 cans||mix of crushed tomatos and cubed tomatos|
|1 small pack||concentrated tomato paste|
|few||cloves of garlic|
|tsp||suger or nonsuger (can use katchop instead)|
- To seperate leaves from cabage the best way is to put the whole thing into the microwave for about 10 min. then you can gently seperate it without breaking. About 15 fillable leave in avarge from a big cabage.
- mix beef, rice (cooked allmost through) , onion, rasins and onion soup mix.
- season with salt and pepper.
- stuff the cabbage with the uncooked meat and fold. arange nice in the oven dish (pyrax or anything deep enough). the cabbage should be covered with sauce in the end. leftover cabbage that can't be stuffed can go beside the stuffed ones.
- boiling the sauce - boil the tomatos with chopped garlic, onion ans suger. season with salt and pepper. you can also add parsley.
- pour the sauce still boiling over the pyrax to cover (if not thin enough you can add water). cover with tin foil.
- put in a pre heated oven at about 350-400 F. check after 1.5 hr. if the cabbage is soft and cooked it's ready.
- you can put out the tin foil for the last 20 min or so to give it a nice brownish color.