The original name for these cookies are "Cindy's Sesame Cookies" a.k.a. "the Cindys" from the Naomi Cookbook, given to Ema from Auntie Pearl. From Canada.
- 1 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup margerine (if unsalted add a pinch of salt)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Toast sesame seeds and coconut in oven.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream margerine and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, sesame seeds and coconut.
- Blend in dry ingerdients.
- Place balls of dout (1 tsp.) on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake medium heat for 10-12 minutes.