Thats what you do if you can't find the "real" Punch Bowl... (or you don't have a radio room in the first place)
You know... the one with the floating ring of ice...
|1 can||Fruit cocktail|
|?||any other syrup you have to get rid of....|
|alot||ice (prefferably frozen in forms bigger than ice-cubes)|
|1 each||Lemon and/or Orange, sliced|
|some||grapes or pinapple peices|
- A day or two ahead prepare a round ice mould - prepare a pitcher of "mitz petel", phone the latest person that had a party and ask hystericly if she/he has the punch bowl and bundt pan. Look in all your cupboards and find the bundt pan. pour the mitz petel into the bundt pan, throw in some grapes (or pinapple). Yell at someone to take it down to the freezer. If you're planning on a long party, or the party day is expected to hot, repeat this stage twice, at least.
- On party day - pour into the punch bowl (after washing it well from the dust in the radio-room, it was there the whole time...) the syrups and the can of fruit cocktail, including the juice.
- Just before the guests come add water, soda and the ice mould, sliced fruit and ice cubes. Taste (don't let guests see that you taste directly from the ladle...) and adjust by adding more syrup or water or soda, as needed. it should be very sweet, but not too much.
- You can always spike it with sime Vodka, but then don't blame the kids for running around mushugga!
- Replenish as needed (which is quite often!)