In the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" they "fix" the hole in the bundt pan with a plant.
Leave leftover filling in an open bowl in the freezer, and let it absorb the smells. After two months, use for cookies, unless Reuven or Nachman ate it already.....
|1/3 cup||margarine or butter|
|30 g||fresh yeast|
|flour as needed|
|1/2 Kg||ground poppy seeds|
|1 cup||water or milk|
Preparation:For Dough (recipe same as dairy yeast dough):
- Warm milk in pan or microwave.
- Add margerine and sugar - mix to dissolve.
- Add eggs and vanill. Mix well.
- Dilute yeast in warm water. Add to lukewarm mixture.
- Add flour to form soft dough.
- Cover with some flour.
- Put towel on top and let rise to double size.
- Kneed on floured surface and use for whatever you want to make.
- In a heavy pot, mix the poppy seeds, honey, sugar and water.
- Cook stirring occasionally until thick. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from fire, and add the vanilla. Let filling cool.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface.
- Spread filling on the dough. Roll.
- Let Aba hold the Bundt pan close to the table, and carefully slide in the roll, and arrange it around in the pan.
- After shaping, and filling, let rise again.
- Bake medium hot oven till ready.