This is one of Aba Ginton's favorites! But truth be told, when Ema is in a hurry, sometimes she'll use instant onion soup mix to give Aba a quick dish.
- 3 Coves Garlic
- 6 Large onions
- 40 grams Margarine
- 1 Liter parve Chicken soup mix
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tbs. flour
- Black pepper
- Peel and slice onions (in food processor).
- Chop garlic.
- Melt margarine in big pot. Add onions and garlic. Saute' on low fire for 20 minutes (do not brown).
- Add flour. cook a few minutes.
- Add soup and wine, and pepper.
- Cover. cook on low fire 30 minutes.
- Serve with grated yellow cheese and croutons (or slice of toast broken up into pieces).