Serves: 20 balls - taking into account 2 balls per male then it serves 10 males, how many balls females may want is a different story.
One of my (Reuven) FAVORITES is the Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
|Sweet and Sour Sauce|
|1 can||Pineapple pieces|
|some||chicken soup mix|
|some||lemon juice or vinegar|
|1/2 Kg||ground beef or turkey or combination - from a half a kilo you can get about 20 balls|
|1||onion - finely chopped|
|some||fresh parsley - chopped|
|a little||soy sauce|
|1-2 tablespoon||bread crumbs or matzo meal|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|some||oil for frying|
- First of all prepare a pot with water soy sauce pineapple juice from the can (you will use also the chatichot) you can put in resek agvaniot or ketchup, stir and taste. It may need marak off - remember the balls will give it taste too.
- Put to boil.
- Taste. Adjust the sweet and sour taste with lemon juice or vinegar and brown sugar. You will need to put some, but taste.
- Add pineapple cubes.
- Now the meat:
- For each half kilo - beef or beef and turkey - whatever you are making. Add 1 egg, 1 chopped (in processor) onion, two cloves garlic (smashed), petrosilia (fresh), a little soy sauce. if meat is not kosher then may need to add salt... (you can taste by zapping a pinch in the micro...)
- Now listen - if the eesa is too loose add a tablespoon of either bread crumbs or matzo meal, one or two tablespoons...
- You form the meatballs - and you have ready a keara with cornflour - "... ohi, why don't I come and make it for you - it will take me less time to make them then your piddling around..."
- Make little balls and roll in cornflour at the same time put a large frying pan (Teflon coated) with a little oil and fry them balls - but not right through, toss them, lightly brown them balls and then remove and put in the boiling liquid over very low flame. One pan after the other until all done. When all balls are in liquid - boil for 15 min, adjust liquid sugar and lemon.
- Serve hot.