Right before the Kompot spoils, Ema took the left over havushim, and made a cake from it. Now we're talking! Zahava loves this cake!
|havushim from made|
|1/2 cup||oil or margerine|
|grated lemmon or orange peel|
- Make filling: Take pieces of havushim from made Kompot havushim, and put in pot. Add sugar, lemmon juice, cinnimon "you have-to make it to taste". Add some juice from the kompot. Cook on fire till bubbling.
- Add cornflour (after it was mixed with some cold water), and mix. cook a couple of minuted. cool.
- Make crust: Mix together: oil or marg. egg yolks, flour, lemmon or orange peel, and orange juice. Pat into Pyrex and bake till done.
- Make Meringue: Whip egg whites with half cup sugar.
- Place havushim mixture on top of crust. Place on top of havushim mixture the meringue.
- Bake till golden.