The "real" way to give it a smoked taste is to grill one of the eggplants straight on the fire (I remember Ema peeling it after it was grilled, while it was steaming hot, and wondering how she doesn't burn her fingers). The "fake" and easy way is to add a little liquid smoke. (Even Ema does it sometimes these days).
- 2 eggplants
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (may use low fat kind)
- 2-3 cloves grushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- Peel and cut eggplants.
- Cook eggplants in pressure cooker, drain and put in dish.
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper, and liquid smoke.
- Mix. Put in serving bowel. Cool.