No Eggplant betaam Chopped Liver this time... too bad... :-(
The first few times that Ema made this dish while we were kids, we enjoyed it because we didn't know it was made with eggplant. Now as adults, we enjoy it because it's made with eggplant. When Ema started making this it wasn't available at the supermarket (in fact the supermarket wasn't even available in Israel), but even today when it is available it's not like what Ema makes. The store bought stuff is full of oil... Ema's is dietetic and healthy so we can eat lots and lots of it....
- 2 eggplants
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 2 onions - chopped
- 1 Tbs. parave chicken soup mix
- 1 Tbs. soya sauce
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- Peel and cut eggplants.
- Cook eggplants in pressure cooker
- Fry onions in oil. Add cooked eggplant.
- Add chicken soup mix, soya sauce, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add eggs. Cook a few minutes.
- put in serving bowel. Cool.