Serves 2 - Eli and Irit
Riddle: What do Eli and Irit have in common?? Answer: Curried Brains of coarse...
Ema, when we were kids, used to make us fried brain ktzitzot - this was before cholesterol and BSE were invented. Today she makes this small dish of curried brains - she doesn't serve it with the rest of the food, but secretly spoons it out to Eli, Irit and other special clients.
|1||whole calf's brain - smart or dumb, it doesn't matter (i think)|
|to taste||curry powder|
|some||fresh coriander a.k.a. kusbara|
- buy a package of brains - you can get it at "Yad Itzhak" , if you local supermarket doesn't have it.
- kosher the brains by soaking in water for half an hour then remove from water and salt with kosher salt and let stand for an hour.
- devain with a sharp knife - "they are all connected..."
- rinse well and cut into bite size pieces.
- dip pieces in beaten egg and in flour and pan fry (not deep fry) in olive oil.
- transfer pieces to pot (preferably a small old beaten up pot).
- add to pot chopped onion, water, curry powder, kusbara, salt and pepper. "you make it to taste"
- cook it
- serve when ready. how do you know when it is ready, you ask. you just know - what, you don't have a brain?...