This recipe comes from the "Yeladim Mevashlim" cookbook, and is the best chocolate mousse EVER. and it's even Parve! If it would also be low-cal, I'm sure you would want to marry it! I'm already doubling it, as it keeps very well in the freezer for SOS situations (and because it's impossible to resist!) - Elisheva
|200 grams||bittersweet chocolate|
|2 Tbs.||brandy or Gran Marinar (this is my addition - not in the kid's cookbook, in case you were starting to wonder about Ruth Sirkis...)|
- Melt in a double boiler the chocolate and margarine. remove from fire.
- Beat the yolks and add to the cooled chocolate mixture (beat the chocolate while doing this - if not you get chocolate scrambled eggs - Yuk!), add the brandy.
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into serving dishes or mould and freeze at least 6 hours.
- Fight over who gets to lick the bowls.
- Hear Ema Yelling - "Pour into it soap and water! NOW! STOP licking it! it's Poison!"