Serves 20 Children
Ron's birthday is October 1st. However, every now and then (about once a month), he declares his birthday and demands a celebration - especially a cake. He gets really lucky when Savta Jean is visting, because she makes a REAL cake, not from a mix :-) So.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!!
|1/2 cup||canola oil|
|1 cup||brown sugar|
|1 cup||white sugar|
|1/2 cup||cacao powder|
|3/4 cup||boiling water|
|1/2 cup||sour cream or plain yogurt|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
- seperate the eggs
- heat the oven to 350F
- in a mixer, beat the eggwhites until stiff, move to another bowl, set a side.
- in the mixer bowl, mix cacao powder in boiling water.
- add to the cacao mix the egg yolks, oil and stir.
- disolve the baking soda in the sour cream and add to the bowl
- add the flour to the mix and mix with the mixer
- fold in the eggwhites
- bake in a greased/oiled/paper-lined pan for 35 minutes.
- Sing Happy Birthday and smile!