For years I've been trying to get the Knidalach to come out light and fluffy just like Ema's, only to have them come out dense and hard (they could brake the window if thrown at it).
|1 cup||Matzo meal|
|1 tbs||Chicken soup powder|
|8 cups||Chicken Soup (see separate recipe)|
- Beat eggs
- Mix in oil, salt, water and matzo meal
- Place covered in refrigerator for a few hours (always other things that need to be done anyway)
- Boil the pot of water
- Add chicken soup powder (if you plan to serve a baby of less than one year old then use salt not soup powder that is full of deadly MSG)
- Wet your hands
- Make balls and place carefully in boiling water
- Remove when ready (when floating, I think)
- Add kneidlach to Soup before serving and heat through
Hint - you can use instant kneidlach mix and no one needs to know...