Serves only me, Irit hates beets (though she loves the color), so does Barak. Mashav said she would taste a little.
Putting together dairy buffet? Need to add some color? Having some Ruskim over that crave a taste that will remind them of the old country? The answer to all your questions is - Dairy Borscht. Can be served as a drink or as a cold soup. Caution - it will make your piss red and you will fail the "dum samui" test in the kupat holim...
|to taste||suger or sweetner|
|2||sour cream - yaini shamenet
if on diet (and who isn't?) replace with leben, rivion, or yogurt. but shamenet is much taistier...
if on diet but cheating then do half and half...
- cook the beet in pressure cooker with lemon juice salt and sugar. I zapped it in the micro for 5min instead, so I pealed and cut the beet into small pieces first and added some water.
- let cool
- you can also buy the cooked "beets in the nylon" (I think Ima means the beets in the vacume package) "if you need to make Borscht in a hurry..." - now there is a concept that I never thought I would hear, but I guess some time you just need Borscht and in a hurry!!!
- put everything in meji-mix (food processor or maybe the blender) and "wizzz". if dry add water.
- adjust the tibul (seasonings) till you have it the taste you want.
- eat with fresh hot baked potatoes with only salt as tibul - like the Ruskim...