Great "Home sweet home" taste! We all remmember this apple pie that Ema made as a pareve desert while we were kids, (except for Nachman that was allergic to apples). Ema used to ask the "yarkan" for cheap rotten apples "for kompot", cut away the rotten parts, and nobody knew the secret ingredient. This is proof that you can use any type of apples.
|1/4 cup||ice cold water|
- To make dough: mix together in food processer 2 cups flour, margerine, and cold water till it forms a ball. (can be mixed by hand: first cut margarine into flour with two knives, then knead in water).
- roll out half the dough and put in ungreased pan.
- peel and slice apples (while watching the "idiot box)
- add: sugar (acording to taste), cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 Tbs. flour. mix, and pour into pan on dough.
- roll out rest of dough and cover apples. flute edges.
- sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- make holes on top crust with fork
- back in 350 degees oven till brown.
- great served warm with vanilla ice cream (parave - of course!).